|Easy Heading Free|
With just a few enhancements, the default Worklow Editor can highlight some additional concept.
This Workflow Editor is not really a new editor. It is more a new interface of the native Text Mode editor, but extended with additional features.
Its 2 objectives are :
- To be able to have a better view of real Workflow Concepts,
- To dispose some additional feature in the Workflow edition
How to switch to this enhanced Workflow Editor ?
When you are editing a Workflow in Text mode, you are able to opt for one 2 following modes :
- Switch from the native Text mode to the Extended mode by clicking on Extended button ...
- Switch from the Extended mode to the native Text mode by clicking on Text button ...
This last mode used is saved in cookies. On next calls, you will be back to you preferred mode !
A better view of Workflow Concepts ...
By using the Extended mode, you will be able to identify more clearly the different Workflow concepts :
- The Initial Transition is directly available from this screen ...
- The Step Transitions and Common Transitions are available with dedicated operations depending on Transition type (Step or Common) and on Transition Qualifications (Recursive, Auto, ...)
Recursive Transitions are identified with target status named :
- Global Transitions are grouped in dedicated section with the Status
- Common Transitions are grouped in their own section with Status
- Automatic Action and Auto-Transitions are identified
by a dedicated icon :
- for Automatic Action
- for Auto-Transitions
More features to design your workflow ...
|Step||Add Transition||Native operation for adding a new Transition|
|Step||Delete Transitions||Native operation for deleting a Transition from current Step|
|Step||Edit||Native operation for editing a Transition|
|Step||View Properties||Native operation for viewing Step Properties|
|Step||Delete Step||Native operation for deleting a Step (without incomming Transition)|
|Transition||Move as Global||Transform any Common or Step Transition into a Global Transition|
|Transition||Move as Common||Transform any Global or Step Transition into a Common Transition|
|Transition||Copy Transition||Copy any Common or Step Transition into a new Transition|
|Transition||Qualify as Recursive||Qualify as Recursive any Non Recursive Transition (excepted Initial transition)|
|Transition||Unqualify as Recursive||Unqualify Recursive Transition any Recursive Transition|
|Transition||Qualify as Auto-Action by Engine||Qualify as Auto-Action by Engine any Transition (excepted Initial and Common Transition)|
|Transition||Unqualify as Auto-Action by Engine||Unqualify any Auto-Action by Engine Transition|
|Transition||Qualify as Auto-Action by Tiers||Qualify as Auto-Action by Tiers any Transition (excepted Initial Transition)|
|Transition||Unqualify as Auto-Action by Tiers||Unqualify any Auto-Action by Tiers Transition|
Some other new operation may be implemented in future releases.
Some sample ...
Applied on the Workflow implemented in Minyaa Timesheet, the view of the Workflow is more clear.
|Native Editor||Enhanced Editor|