You want to apply, for a Sub-Task with some of their Custom Field be updated with Parent Custom Field values.
How it works
By defining this Workflow Function in a Transition of your workflow, you are able to force some of Sub-Task's Custom Field to be updated with those of Parent Issue.
Configuring the Feature
To configure the Inherit CustomFields Post-Function , please follow these steps :
- Since this Workflow Function does not need to be associated with a screen containing the concerned CustomFields, the function can be added in any Workflow Transition.
It might be:
- A Common Transition,
- Or a Global Transition.
If you want to keep these fields synchronized, it will be preferable to removed concerned CustomFields from the Edit Screen of the Sub-Task, and implement then in all transiitons.
Note that if you need to use such Post-Function in a Initial Transition (Create Transition), you have to check that the Post-Function is used :
- After Create Issue Post-Function
- and before index Issue Post-Function
If it is not respected you will experience an error message when trying to perform the transition.
- Add the Inherit CustomFields Post-Function to any wanted transition.
For more information on adding a Post Function in Workflow, please see JIRA: Adding a Post Function
- Its configuration allows you to specify which CustomFields have to be inerited from the Parent Issue.
- You will end up with a transition looking like: