You want to apply, for a Sub-Task, the same Component as its Parent Issue.
How it works
By defining this Workflow Function in a Transition of your workflow, you are able to force Sub-Task's Component to be updated with Component of Parent Issue.
Configuring the Feature
To configure the Inherit Component Post-Function , please follow these steps :
- Since this Workflow Function does not need to be associated with a screen containing the concerned CustomFields, the function can be added in any Workflow Transition.
It might be:
- A Common Transition,
- Or a Global Transition.
Note that if you need to use such Post-Function in a Initial Transition (Create Transition), you have to check that the Post-Function is used :
- After Create Issue Post-Function
- and before index Issue Post-Function
If it is not respected you will experience an error message when trying to perform the transition.
- Add the Inherit Component Post-Function to any wanted transition.
For more information on adding a Post Function in Workflow, please see JIRA: Adding a Post Function
- You will end up with a transition looking like: