The basic usage case is to block a Transition of a Parent Issue until all its Sub-Tasks are Resolved or Closed .
But it may be also these others use cases:
- Block a Resolve transition until Linked Issues having a Block Issue Link Type are Resolved .
- Or Block Start Progress Transition of a Sub-Task until its Parent Issue is In Progress
- and many others ....
How it works
By defining this Workflow Condition in a Transition of your workflow, you are able to block/allow the transition depending of the Status reached by Linked Issues .
By Linked Issues , the condition considers all Issue Link Type (included Sub-Task ) in both direction ( Inward and Outwards Link).
Configuring the Feature
To configure the Block Linked Issues depending on Status Workflow Condition, please follow these steps :
- Add the Block Linked Issues depending on Status to the wanted transition.
For more information on adding a Condition in Workflow, please see JIRA: Configuring Workflow
- Its configuration allows you to specify which Issue Link Types and Statuses are concerned by the condition.
- You have to select
- The list of Issue Link Types (Inward or Outward) to consider,
- The list of Statuses required for allowing the transition,
- You will end up with a condition looking like :
And the XML Declaration as follow :
<condition type="class"> <arg name="outwardLinkTypesSelected">10000,</arg> <arg name="inwardLinkTypesSelected"></arg> <arg name="class.name">fr.alkaes.myaawf.workflow.condition.BlockingOnLinkedIssuesStatusCondition</arg> <arg name="selectedStatuses">3,</arg> </condition>